Zebra Danio – Danio Rerio
Zebra Danio – Danio rerio is a beginner fish because they are community fish and are easy to care for.
In the wild, they can be seen in areas of Pakistan, United States, India, and Nepal.
Danio rerio like to school in numbers of six or more and can be seen near the middle and top areas of your aquarium.
These beautiful fish make great color contrasts against the plants in a planted tank.
Common Name: Striped Danio, Zebra Fish
Care Level: Beginner+
Size: 1.5 — 2″
Life Span: 3 — 5 years
Tank Mates: Plecostomus Catfish, Yoyo Loaches, Bala Sharks, all Rainbows and Barbs, Red Tail Shark, Clown Loaches, Platies, Swordtails, Mollies, Corydoras Catfish and smaller sized Gourami.
Known to coexist with Tetraodon cutcutia pufferfish.
Water Temperature: 65°F — 75°F (18°C — 24°C)
Aquarium Size: 10 gallon+
- Elephant Nose Fish – Gnathonemus petersii
- Silver Hatchetfish – Gasteropelecus sternicla
- Aulonocara Fire Fish – Aulonocara Sp. Dragons Blood
- Praecox Rainbowfish – Melanotaenia praecox
- Eastern Rainbowfish – Melanotaenia splendida