Red Cherry Shrimp – Neocaridina denticulata sinensis
Red Cherry Shrimp – Neocaridina denticulata sinensis are tiny shrimp. They are known as the clean up crew because they feed on left-over food and algae that is remaining in the aquarium.
These shrimp are a popular species of shrimp as they are hardy and will contrast beautifully against the green plants.
The bright red color of the Neocaridina denticulata sinensis comes from the many years of research and selective breeding.
Common Name: Cherry Red Shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, RCS
Care Level: Beginner+
Size: Up to 1.2″
Life Span: Up to 1.5 years
Tank Area: Found on the bottom or in mid aquarium but can be found everywhere.
Tank Mates: Compatible with peaceful, small fish like cardinals, glow light tetra, neons, danios
pH: 6–7.0 to 7.0–8.4
Adapts best in soft to medium hard water in the alkaline range.
If you have higher pH water from the tap, use Fluval Stratum. It will naturally stabilize your pH levels.
Temperatures: 70°F-80°F (21 -27°C)
TailsNTeeth™ Water Change Tip:
- Fill enough water into a large bucket or rubbermaid for a water change (At our shop, Phil’s Pets, we use 61L oval preformed ponds for aging our water)
- Add Prime by Seachem to dechlorinate water
- Leave in your bucket for 2 days to age
- Chlorine and other toxic compounds will evaporate
- Use a spare heater to get the water in your bucket to temperature of the aquarium
- Now your water is ready for the weekly water change